Monday, June 30, 2003

I am getting ready to shape the toe for my first sock! Nannette has been walking me through the pattern or I never would have made it! Thanks Nannette!!! It is huge! I have to keep reminding myself that I am knitting for my father who has congestive heart failure and diabetes. His ankles are terribly swollen. On top of that, he wears a size 14 shoe!

I think it will be nice for him to have some socks that fit his swollen feet. My Mom says his feet get real cold in the winter so I want to get these finished as soon as I can. I spun the yarn from merino fiber in mojave from Grafton Fibers.
Of course, being unable to "leave well enough alone," I decided I had to learn to knit the Continental way and started this half way through the foot. Knitting a new way unfortunately altered my tension. You can see that the sock increases in diameter part way down the foot. I hope it will even out with washing and blocking.

Tomorrow is Gabrielle's birthday. I made her birthday cake today. Not the best job in the world, but since Gregory can have nothing containing gluten (grain protein) or casein (dairy protein), I have to do all of our baking.

At least Gabrielle is happy with it!

My D1 sewing machine is all fixed and will be coming home tomorrow! I am so excited! Now both my serger and my sewing machine are in top working order and perhaps I will be able to finish Gabrielle's gold fish hand smocked dress!

No comments: