Sunday, September 21, 2003

I love Sunday mornings. We usually stay up a little later than normal on Saturday evenings since Kurt doesn't have to go to work and on Sunday morning the kids sleep in later than usual. Today (and the last few Sundays) I've "played hookie" from church. Now don't get me wrong, I love church. We have a great pastor who delivers wonderful messages and lots of friends at church. But after taking care of everyone's needs all week and rarely having a break, I like to just relax in quiet, peaceful bliss for an hour and a half on Sunday morning while the family is at church.

It is raining lightly outside and a mockingbird chirps for the return of the late summer sun somewhere in the distance. There is no arguing or fighting to compete with Creation's voice and NOBODY NEEDS ANYTHING. No one needs a drink. No one needs me to find a shoe. No one wants food. No one is wondering if I can get to a dark load of laundry today. No one wants to detail the injustices recently inflicted by his/her sibling. I love this little window of peace on Sunday morning. Sigh.

But I do miss going to church and my husband misses having me with him at church so I'm going to have to figure out a way to get a break during another block of time on a regular basis.

I've been focused more on my COTR this week than my other projects. I'd like to get it done so I can jump into the Legends of the Shetland Seas without distraction.



I finished the Crab and Sea Horse chart, Bubbles B, the Starfish chart and most of Bubbles C. I have two fish charts, Bubbles D and the Sea Foam remaining. I can't decide whether I should just finish this shawl and THEN start the LotSS or jump right into the LotSS now and work on both shawls at the same time. I'm starting to feel overwhelmed with so many ongoing projects, but I also feel like I need to start the LOtSS since I committed to it when I joined the LotSS knit along.

I finished Kurt's first Shetland wool sock.



He tried it on and it is a perfect fit. I've already cast on for sock number 2, but have only done about 4 rounds. Simple socks are great for "on the go" or "during the wait" knitting. I knit most of sock number one during homeschool while the kids completed school work.

I got a little bit of shoulder shaping done on Gabrielle's bobble sweater.



Most of this I did sitting in the front yard watching the kids ride their bikes. As warm as our weather still is, it is hard to imagine wearing a sweater.

Once I FINALLY finish this bobble sweater, I want to try a stranded sweater by Dale. I've already picked the pattern.



I thought I'd do this in off white and dark and slate blue. I finished reading the Philosopher's Wool Book on stranded knitting and am ready to go! But I HAVE to finish the sweater I am doing before I can start a new one or I will make myself insane!

I started spinning for the Peacock Shawl.



I really like the Ashland Bay merino and silk blends but with the heat and humidity of summer in Florida, I felt the roving in my hand while I am spinning. I am ready for Fall. Of course I will have to wait another month or two for Fall to make it's way this far South.

One of the Spindlers, Kathleen, who lives in Mobile, Alabama told me about a spinning group named Synergy which meets monthly in Pensacola. I attended my first "meeting" yesterday and met some very nice ladies. Kathleen gifted me with some of the lovely Alpaca fiber she is currently spinning.



She gave me a little over 2 ounces of it and it is SOOOOOO soft. I think I might blend it with some black merino wool I have and make ANOTHER shawl. I sure hope I like wearing shawls since I sure like making them!

No comments: