Wednesday, July 16, 2003

Today is progress report day for the Creatures of the Reef Shawl group.



I have finished spinning my first bobbin full of Sea Mist fiber and have started on my second bobbin. I am spinning 2 1/2 ounces of fiber per bobbin then plying them together. Thus, I hope to have all the yarn I need in this one skein.

Of course, I could not wait until I was finished spinning to start knitting my shawl so I have started with the small 200 yard skein I spindle spun last week.



I have cast on 437 stitches, knit the set up row and rows 1 and 2 of the shell border. I also learned to read the chart for the shell border and am quite proud of myself as a result!

Before starting my COTR shawl, I wanted to finish knitting the socks I started for my Dad.



These are my first pair of socks made from some of my very first homespun. They turned out pretty nice despite so many "firsts" being involved.

Gabrielle finally got to wear the new dress I sewed for her birthday. She wore it to church on Sunday where it got rave reviews, much to her delight.



Here is another picture just for you Wendy! My family has not seen my kids for 2 1/2 years and my sister thought I should post more pictures of them on the blog.



In order to get more spinning and knitting time today (as well as time to update my blog), I sent the kids out to play.



We have a huge blow up swimming pool. We set it up under one of the slides on the kid's swing set and boy do they have fun!



With temperatures in the high 80s, the swimming pool keeps the kids cool and out longer.



Why didn't we have a set up like this when I was a kid?

No comments: