Wednesday, January 21, 2004

I am not very good at deadlines lately. I'd wanted to knit the Dale sweater for Kurt's birthday. But his birthday is tomorrow. Two weeks ago the sweater looked like this:



Last week it looked like this:



The more I knit, the more I knew it was just going to be too small. So I frogged it. Completely. Go back to square 1. Do not pass "Go," do not collect $200. Start again. Oh well. Better to spend the time knitting something that will fit.

Here is what it looks like today:



I suspect it will not be finished for Kurt's birthday tomorrow. I've already gone to the store and picked up something else. Perhaps it will be ready for his birthday in 2005?

I also wanted to finish the shawl I've been weaving on my tri-loom before the Destin Spin In, which I want to attend tomorrow. It is the one I am making with the curly designer yarn I spun before our trip to Las Vegas. I'm doing the fringe now.



If I have enough yarn, I can finish in time. BUT . . .

I think I might be a couple of yards short of yarn for the fringe. It will be close. If I have to spin up another skein, I can't see having it finished by tomorrow. I might make it by Saturday though and plan to attend again then.

I've been fighting the flu all week and that has certainly not helped my production goals. At least I should have a new shawl for my birthday next Tuesday and that is good!

No comments: