Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I've really made some progress on my sister's Pi shawl this week. I completed the fish and wave section and am about half way through the edging. I like that you can see the fish and the waves already even though I have not yet blocked the shawl.

Click on the picture for a closer look.

I've really enjoyed working on this shawl. The knitting is easy as it is done with larger needles than I typically use. The patterns are simple too. In fact, the edging pattern is straight from the Legends of the Shetland Seas stole (which is still waiting to be blocked). I like how the edging looks on the Pi.

Although I haven't yet cast on for my Mom's second sock (I need some quiet time when I can actually think to do it and those moments are rare around here), I did manage to finish my Lorna's Laces Watercolor socks.

I like the socks though I am disappointed the colors in the two socks are so different. I like the top one best.

We had some beautiful days sprinkled over the last couple of weeks and I managed to get my spinning wheel out on the porch for a short while. (I dragged out Michael's jumper too.)

I've made a little progress on the yarn I am spinning for a woven shawl for my mother in law. I am waiting for my larger tri-loom from Running Moon Farm. A shawl for my mother in law is the first project I have planned for it.

Michael is now 4 1/2 months and he is already getting around in his walker.

At first he could only move backwards. But now he is able to go forward and backward and is starting to figure out how to move it where he wants it to go. The house is small and doesn't afford many walker roaming areas, but nevertheless, we are in trouble! Michael has already managed to raid Kurt's computer armoire, pulling out a bag of stuff.

At this rate, we are going to have to child proof soon. Yuck.

Last week, we traveled back to Gulf Breeze to attend a birthday party for one of the kids' friends.

It was so nice to see some of our friends again. Here my friend Marci holds Michael for a couple of minutes. Unfortunately, Michael didn't feel particularly cooperative at the party.

Gabrielle spent most of the party playing dress up with some of the other girls while Gregory and a bunch of the boys played a war game they created around the skateboard ramp. The kids had such a good time. I'll admit, I was pretty sad coming home. So far, we haven't really made any friends in Alabama. The churches we've visited have all been small and we haven't settled into one long enough to form relationships. The one we will probably make our new church home really doesn't seem to have anyone else in our age range and there are only a few children, none of whom are homeschooled. However, I am grateful we still have friends in Gulf Breeze who are willing to include us in things and even occasionally travel to Alabama to see us.!

No comments: