Friday, January 11, 2008

Gregory's Birthday

My blog lags once again. I even uploaded pictures to the Internet in December for this post. And the next one. But somehow, I just don't do well with the slowness of our dial-up Internet service, which seems much slower since they raised their rates. Dramatically. That is my story, and I am sticking to it.

Before moving on with Gregory's birthday from early December, I have a cute Michael picture to post.



I found him sleeping on the table after eating either breakfast or lunch. Had I updated my blog timely, I'd have remembered which meal.

Gregory turned 11 back in December.



He hasn't had a birthday party since before the hurricane in Gulf Breeze. I told him we couldn't really afford one this year either. So we found a loophole.



We decided Gregory could have a couple friends over on his birthday (or really the day after his birthday). And we'd let them have a small bonfire.



And hot dogs and marshmallows to roast.



His friends brought presents.



Which Gregory just loved.



Because he got his present from us, a rigid heddle loom, a couple months ago.

More than anything, Gregory really loved spending time with his friends.



And I like sitting in the house knitting with my friend Irene, the mother of one of Gregory's friends.

My mother sent Gregory a scrabble game.



And we cheated a bit and slipped some presents Gregory's way.



We got Gregory a set of DVD's featuring pioneer skills and Gabrielle got Gregory a book light so when he stays up past his bedtime reading, he won't strain his eyes trying to see with just the light from the living room.



I can't believe my little guy is 11. And almost as tall as me. And mom, he IS taller than you now. We measured him yesterday and he is 5'& 2.25".

3 comments:

Donna B said...

Happy birthday, Gregory!

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Happy new loom (!!!), hope you all get over the sickness soon.

Lee said...

Happy Birthday Gregory! You are a handsome 11 year old, and very talented in your weaving. I'm so happy you are getting a new loom.

Theresa said...

Looks like a really fun birthday and a very happy birthday boy! I can't wait to see what Gregory does with the new loom! That is such a sweet picture of Michael. Check my 1/15 post, I gave you an award. I know you may not have time or desire to participate but wanted you to know how much I appreciate you.