Sunday, August 17, 2003

I finished my first Incredible Sweater Machine sweater in less than a week!



I made it for Gregory with a wool/acrylic yarn I had in my stash. I bought it in Las Vegas, but have no idea why.



Gregory woke up just in time to slip the sweater over his pajamas to model it. It still needs to be washed and blocked. However, since winter is many months hence, we aren't in any big hurry.



Praise God Gregory likes to have his picture taken because he thought it crazy to wear a sweater in this heat!



But if this winter is anything like last, we'll all be happy for some nice warm sweaters!

Playing with my ISM has kept me from having to deal with the sweater I started hand knitting for Gabrielle in the Spring. It is "bobble hell" and hurts my hands to work. But she has been asking about it and I do need to make time for it.



This is the back panel. I've got about 2 inches of the front done as well. The sleeves are worked in the same pattern. I can do about 6 rows of pattern in about 2 hours and I just don't watch enough television to progress very fast. Most of what I finished thus far was done on a business trip with my husband to Jacksonville. But, for my daughter's sake, I will have to find a way.



Here is a close up of the pattern. It is from "Family Knits" by Debbie Bliss.

I am still spinning for my Grandmother's shawl. I started plying yesterday. This yarn in much thinner than the yarn I spun for my first COTR shawl so this one will look different I suspect. The adventure of it all is one of the reasons I like spinning and knitting as much as I do!

I also got out my patterns and prepared the patterns to make the kids some winter clothes. I took one of Gregory's robot drawings and digitized it into an embroidary design. I thought I'd make him a sweat shirt with his robot picture on the front.

No comments: