Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Well, we're doing it again. The kids had such a great time a couple of weeks ago, we decided to take them camping again. We leave tomorrow for Black Water River. Kurt hunted up a blow-up 4 person boat at work. It will be an adventure to say the least. I wonder if my family will let me stay behind and knit. . .

I'm already exhausted and haven't begun to pack and get ready (unless you count the comedy from yesterday when I tried to make gluten free, casein free hamburger buns for Gregory without the proper equipment). It is amazing though to watch the Lord work and help me through my day. I have no doubt tonight I will look back and find I accomplished everything I needed to do.

For the past few years I thought allergies, chronic infections, etc. constantly zapped my strength and energy. I also thought I was a wimp when it came to handling the aches and pains of impending old age. (I'm 39.) It turns out I most like have fibromyalgia. I'm actually glad there is a reason for it all and I am not just a wimp who cannot handle the aging process with the same grace as everyone else. Now I can quit comparing myself to others when it comes to what I do or do not accomplish day to day. I never thought being told I had a chronic illness could make me feel better, but it sure relieved a lot of guilt!

I am so excited! I ordered my first fleece from Running Moon Farm!



It is from a Gulf Coast Native (Improved) sheep named Merlene. She is a rare breed and I can almost convince myself I have contributed to a worthy cause.

With all the camping and house-cleaning a la The Fly Lady, my projects are progressing slowly. I'm still spinning for Barbara's boucle shawl.



This skein is in the first pass through the plying process. Once all the loops and spirals are created, I will send the yarn through again to over-ply it and then I will cable it back on a silver thread. It is a lot of work, but makes for a beautiful shawl!

Barbara's shawl is coming along, albeit slowly.



I really think this will be the prettiest shawl I have made yet on my tri-loom.



I know Barbara plans to wear it for Seminar in Dallas this year. I am so glad I can finally do something for the woman who has done so much for me through the years!

I just started my second repeat of chart B on my Legends of the Shetland Seas stole.



As hard as it was to rip out so much of my previous work on this stole, I just love seeing it reform in a way I love. I definitely believe with some things, if it is worth doing, it is worth doing right! Even if I end up devoting a full year to this project, which is entirely feasible, it will have been worth it.

No comments: